Bachelor of Physiotherapy
The course aims at imparting an in depth both the theoretical basis as well as the practical therapeutic skills in the art and the science of physical diagnosis and Physio therapeutics, so as to practice the profession in a competent manner towards those who need such services with Autonomy, Quality-care assurance and maintaining the humanitarian approach of service with compassion.
On completion of the course of study having successfully passed the examination, the candidate would be able to achieve a satisfactory level of efficiency.
- To detect & evaluate, anatomical patho-physiological and psychosomatic impairment resulting in physical dysfunction in various age groups, occupations & arrive at appropriate diagnosis.
- To understand the rationale and basic investigative approach to the medical system & surgical intervention regimens: & accordingly plan & implement specific Physiotherapy measures effectively.
- To be able to select strategies for cure & care’ adopt restorative & rehabilitative measures for maximum possible independence of a client at home, work place & in the community.
- To maintain health relationship & co-partnership with various professionals in the healthy delivery system in the primary interest of a client.
- To ensure quality assurance & motivate the client & her/his family for desirable client compliance.
- To develop communication skills for the purpose of transfer of suitable technique to be used creatively at various states of treatment, compatible with psychological status of the beneficiary.
- To promote health in general, in Geriatrics, Women’s health Industrial Medicine as well at competitive level, such as sports keeping in mind National health policies.
- To practice professional autonomy & ethical principles with referral as well as first contact clients in conformity with ethical code for Physiotherapists.
Regular full time four years course of Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) followed by compulsory 6 months internship.
No. of Seats: 40
The candidates should have passed the intermediate Examination under 10+2 scheme or an equivalent examination recognized by the Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English scoring at least 50 % marks in aggregate of these subjects. In case of SC/ST candidates the marks for eligibility shall be 40%. The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of theyear of joining the course.
BPT 1st Prof:
- Electrotherapy I
- Exercise Therapy I
BPT 2nd Prof:
- Electrotherapy II
- Exercise Therapy II
- Sociology & Psychology
- Computer Application
BPT 3rd Prof:
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Physiotherapy in Cardiorespiratory Conditions
- Physiotherapy in Orthopaedic Conditions
- Health Education & Social Medicine
BPT 4th Prof:
- Obstetrics &Gynaecology, ENT, Ophthalmology
- Physiotherapy in Neurology
- Physiotherapy in General Medical & Surgical Conditions
- Rationale of Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy Ethics & Law
- Research Methodology & Biostatistics
After the successful completion of BPT 4th Prof examination, the student will undergo six months of compulsory internship.